Wow! It's so awesome! My first paid vacation from work!!!! I drove down to my family in Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas, and have been relaxing and catching up with them.
I have also had my sticks and hooks hard at work. I made a pair of booties for my nephew, which unfortuantely were too small. He does, however, love carrying them around. At least they are interesting to him, right? The baby blanket is still a WIP but I started the 4th row of sailboats and am 6 rows into it.
My cousin's green sweater dress needs about 4-5 more inches, and then I can put the sleeves, button band, and ribbing on.
I finished the yellow green socks from hell a week or so ago, and my twin brother has now claimed them. He also thoroughly enjoys his red Jaque Cousteau hat I made with Cascade 220 yarn. (Yes, I am still not a yarn snob. I can appreciate fine fiber but cannot justify the prices on almost all of them.)
I have several small amigurimi hearts made with various acrylic and cotton yarns, but I ran out of the stuffing that I brought so whatever I make won't be finished until I get back to Cincinnati. I particularly enjoy making them out of brown yarn, to look like chocolates. I have really BIG ones I made with fleece to be sugar glider pouches. I need to weave in the ends and I'll be ready to start vending a few before Valentine's day.
My little sister's Hostess hat is done, except for the white I-cord frosting, but I left my white yarn at home so it has to wait. I brought my puppy pillow project, but not the pattern, so it has to wait for now as well. All in all, not bad for me or nearly as forgetful as my usual self, considering that I had a 16 hour drive and almost 2 weeks to pack for in addition to a jury summons.
There is a pair of toddler socks, almost done, that I'm picking back up now....til next time folks...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment