OK, I need to stay FAR AWAY from Ravelry. Srsly. I need an intervention here or something, dear God, I have way too many projects on my hooks and needles. I have a baby blanket in two colors of stranded colorwork that HAS to get finished. I started it before the baby was born, and he will be a year old next month. This is not promising here.
I have a beaded knit scarf, the Tiny Toes scarf by Interlacements yarn. This one is actually close to being done, and a good thing I started, since it has been an easy beginner project to learn how to incorporate beads. I may however, have opened up a whole new can of worms, since I am loving the beads so very much.
A sock monkey has been in progress for at least the last 3 months. I need to stop improvising my yarn. If the pattern says to use two strands of sport weight, and to change from tan to white on one strand, I need to do that, not substitute my own worsted-weight rag yarns. They may have been free to me, but it is definitely making the pattern more difficult to follow. Here's to hoping working the main body will bring it all together, huzzah!
A lace sock pattern - one sock *almost* finished. I have two more repeats of the lace, rib cuff, bind off, and then the next sock to do. It does not help that this particular yarn I am using is the most awful, sick, putrid mix of Big Bird Yellow and baby poop green. With some seafoam mixed in. Honestly, Lion Brand did not do themselves any favors here. Mom bought it for me "it was on sale!" she cried, and I cried a little on the inside when I saw it. So. It is fitting she gets the end-product from the fugly yarn, but I am tempted to try some kool-aid dye over it. Like maybe red. Or purple. Purple should just turn it all into some different shades of brown.
I started a Dia de los Muertos girl, out of Creepy Cute Crochet. It is a strange pattern to me. This is the only amigurumi I have followed that has me sl st into the starting st for the round, and I also sc into the previous sl st of the round before. It's and adjustment to say the least.
Next up: A scrap yarn tote bag. I am going to assign it to Lar, whenever I finish it, as his bag of shame to take to the grocery when he forgets something on the list. And also, for when I need to take my towel and sunblock down to the pool. And phone. And keys. And knitting. And and and...crap I may never get in the water.
An unfinished shawl is waiting to be frogged. I liked how it started, not how it is finishing. This boucle is meant to be something else.
A sweater, in crochet kinda like a big granny square. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it.
And then there's a BIG pile of random yarn balls, waiting to be worked into some amigurumi. I have probably 60 or more things in my Rav queue that are just going to have to stay there until I clear a few things out, dangit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I had that problem until about a month ago. If I can't remember what hook I was using or what stitch the work was, I've thrown it out. LOL
ReplyDeleteI'm amanda1981 on Ravelry! You should add me. I need to use that site more. It's awesome for keeping organized... maybe I could remember what needles I was using for my works and NOT have to throw them out. :P Derp derp. LOL
I remember Creepy Cute Crochet being WAAAAY too hard for me when I was first learning. I picked it up at the library and I was BAFFLED. I bet I can pick it back up and do it now, but MAN it was crazy when I was just learning to read patterns.